What is soy wax?

Soy Wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of the soybean. The bean is cleaned cracked de-hulled and rolled into flakes. The oil is extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. This process makes the oil solid at room temperature. Soy wax is a renewable and sustainable resource, and makes beautiful clean burning eco friendly low carbon candles, that burn longer and cleaner with minimal soot build up. We use all American grown soy wax, with high quality fragrance and essential oils. Our wicks are cotton lead free and no artificial preservatives or acids are added.

Why is my candle smoking?

Sometimes cotton wicks develop a carbon buildup (mushrooming) at their tip. Most wicks are designed to reduce this from happening. It is important to trim your wick before you light it each time, cutting the carbon tip and giving the candle a much cleaner burn, with less soot and smoke. Soy wax is quite viscous and needs a larger wick to burn the candle. Because the wick’s are larger in soy candles your candle may emit smoke while burning. If this happens extinguish the candle carefully and trim the wick. Wipe the inside of the vessel with kitchen paper to remove the carbon build up and re light. A wick trimmer or nail clippers will cause less damage to the wick than a house hold scissors. Trim wick to 1/4 inch.

How long will my candle burn?

Your 9oz candle should burn for approximatly 30-35 hours. Let the candle burn for at least 1 hour before extinguishing to prevent tunneling of the wax. The ideal time to burn a candle is about 4 hours. Never leave burning candle unattended. Always place candle on a plate or candle stand.

How do I clean the vessel once the candle has served it’s purpose?

If wax is liquid drain into trash over some kitchen paper. Quickly clean glass with kitchen paper before wax hardens and gently scrape away metal wick holder. You can also place glass in a saucepan with some boiling water and let wax melt this will also remove safety label on bottom of glass. Use some dish detergent and very hot water to clean vessel. Do not put in dishwasher as this may damage paint on glass.